Product Data Sheet: ZA489 Series High Intensity Inset Lights For Stop Bar and Guard Light Applications | FAA Compliant: L852S and L852G
Stop Bar Configuration: A stop bar consists of a row of L-852S unidirectional in-pavement red lights that prohibits access to an active runway or taxiway. An elevated red light, L-862S, is set on each side of the taxiway at runway intersections. Stop bars are for low visibility operations.
Guard Light Configuration: Runway guard lights, L-852G, are alternating yellow in-pavement lights that may be individually controlled and monitored to provide for all-weather operation protection against runway incursions.
FAA Compliant: L-852S and L-852G (AC 150/ 5345-46B, AC 150/5340-28, AC 120-57A)
Stop bar lights and guard lights provide traffic control on taxiways intersecting an active runway and are required for all SMGCS operations under low visibility conditions.
All of the power connectors on the TSU and SmartSwitch are L-823 plugs and sockets. The control cables are supplied either with bare ends, allowing crimped connections and heat shrink to be used, or with L-823 connectors, allowing extension cables to be used. This is specified at the time of ordering.
• The L-852S stop bar light is traffic signal red, and the L-852G guard light is traffic signal yellow, in accordance with ITE Standard for Vehicle Traffic Control Signal Heads.
• 8″ sealed optical cartridge fits 12″ adapter ring and is held with two stainless steel bolts for ease of maintenance.
• Lightweight and robust aluminum alloy construction.
• Prisms require no sealant.
• Pre-focused optics simplify maintenance.
• Pressure test plug ensures moisture-proof light cavity.
• Low profile: 0.47″ (12mm) above grade.
• Long life halogen lamps: 3500 hours in normal use.
• L-852S and L-852G use interchangeable parts.
• 6.6A from 100W, or 200W isolating transformer. Uses [email protected] lamp.
• Powder coat finish in golden yellow or NATO green. Stainless steel fasteners.
• Fixture net weight 31 lb. (14kg). Gross weight 33 lb. (15kg). Carton size 12.7 in. x 12.7 in. x 5 in. (323mm x 323mm x 127mm).