• U.S. DOT (FMCSA) 49 CFR §§ 392.25 & 393.95(g)
• MUTCD Type A (flashing) and Type C (solid on)
• MIL-SPEC/MIL-STD 810 for shock, vibration, and water-resistance
Our PowerFlare Temporary Airfield Marking Kit has everything you need to rapidly deploy runway lighting: 48 white LED lights to mark a 5,000 foot runway (position one light every 200′ on each side of the runway); 12 red LED lights to mark the runway ends (position six lights on either end of the runway, fanned outwards). Each compact (4″) beacon emits 360° of ultra-bright LED light, visible up to 10 miles away. All 60 LED lights fit in our waterproof, easy-rolling case.
The PowerFlare is waterproof and so tough it can withstand being run over by trucks at highway speeds. Unlike flashlights with alkaline batteries or light sticks, PowerFlare beacons can handle extreme temperatures and many HAZMAT situations (intrinsically safe). The LED bulbs are unbreakable and can operate thousands of hours. PowerFlare beacons have been proven with some of the most demanding users in the world: military, special forces, SWAT teams, and rescue units.
• Superior visibility: over 10 miles from the air.
• Rugged: waterproof polymer shell withstands extreme impact.
• Deployable in harsh environments: can handle extreme temperatures and many HAZMAT situations.
• Compact: about the size of a hockey puck, reducing vulnerability to rotor wash and wind.
• 10 flash patterns, including ‘S-O-S’ (Morse) and solid-on (lantern).
• Environmentally friendly: no pollution or fire danger.
• Made in the USA.
• 48 white LED lights in yellow shells (for runway edge)
• 12 red LED lights in orange shells (for runway end)
• 60 spare CR-123 batteries with a 10-year shelf life
• 60-unit, waterproof, rolling case for fast deployment
• Part #: AMK-001
• Bucket of 36 blue lights in blue shells (for taxiways)(Part #: BUCKET336-B-BL)
• Attach magnets (Part #: +MAG-N35)
• Include Traffic Cone Top Adapters (to elevate lights)(Part #: CTA-001)
|Size:||4.25″ (10.8cm) diameter x 1.25″ (3.2cm) tall|
|Weight:||Less than 7 oz. (200g) with battery|
|Battery:||1 replaceable CR-123 Lithium battery|
|Buoyancy:||Positive (floats); can attach weight|
|Op. & Storage Temps:||-40/-40° to 212/248° F
-40/-40° to 100/120° C
|Emission Source:||360° LED array: solid-state; no filament|
|LED Light Colors (per unit):||White (runway edge), red (runway end), blue (taxiway). Custom colors available.|
|Light Output Wavelength (nm)
Color & Power (PEP):
|White: white spectrum @ 96,000 mcd
Red: 630 @ 128,000 mcd
Blue: 464 @ 38,400 mcd
|Daylight & Night
|Night: visible 3,000 ft (914 m) on road or water, >10 miles (16 km) from air
Day: visible 1,000 ft (305 m)
|Housing Color & Material:||Yellow (runway edge), orange (runway end), blue (taxiway) polymer|
|Water Depth Rating:||80′ submersion|
|HAZMAT:||Hermetically sealed; intrinsically safe|
|Chemical:||Contains no hazardous chemicals. Withstands exposure to petroleum-based fuels.
Avoid acetones and benzopyrenes.
|Switch Type:||Push button|
|Flash Patterns (user-selectable)
Max. Run Times, Continuous:*
|* Note: Times listed are for red LEDs. White and blue color LED versions will run from 50-80% of listed times depending on pattern used.|
When elevated lighting is required for extra visibility, PowerFlare lights can be mounted on top of any standard traffic cone using our patent-pending Cone-Top Adapter.
The Cone-Top Adapter (CTA-001) can be used with magnetic PowerFlare lights, which attach to an internal piece of metal, allowing for quick and easy installation and removal. For PowerFlare units without magnets, elastic cords (included) makes securing the light a snap!