The Solar Series Elevated Runway Guard Light (ERGL) is a self-sustaining, completely autonomous airfield lighting technology, designed for permanent, temporary or portable airfield operations. With its self-contained design, the Solar Series ERGL eliminates the need for conventional power inputs, expensive infrastructure and daily energy and maintenance costs, while increasing airfield safety 24 hours per day in the most challenging climates around the world. The Solar Series ERGL offers a quick and effective solution to airfields, in support of efforts to prevent unnecessary runway incursions and enhance over-all airfield safety.
• Permanent installation for commercial, defense and remote airfields.
• Temporary operation during construction, rerouting of taxiways or humanitarian aid.
• 24-hour warning system with optional RF control for vehicles and groundside operations.
• Increases safety at runway, taxiway and vehicle crossings.
• Solar engine swivels for optimal solar charging position.
• Configurable solar engine allows for self-contained or detached installation.
• Reliable, self-contained, low cost LED warning system.
• Rugged, self-contained solar engine with replaceable batteries.
• Continuous, 24-hour operation with optional RF control.
• Increase Safety: Designed for permanent, temporary or portable operations. Configurable Solar Engine allows for self-contained or detached installation.
• Proven Reliability: Reliable, low cost LED warning system for aircraft and vehicles moving throughout the airfield during day and night operations. Rugged self-contained solar engine requires little to no maintenance with replaceable 5-7 year batteries.
• Full Control: Available with an optional Radio Frequency Controller. This enables the system to be controlled wirelessly from an Air Traffic Control Tower.
• Compliance: Hold Position ICAO Light Section 5.3.27 FHWA / MUTCD
• Certification: CE and UL Certified Components
• Configuration: 24/7 Elevated Runway Guard Light
• Output: Visible
• Visible LED Light: Amber or Red
• Peak Luminous Intensity: 8″ LED / Lens: 518 candela
• LED Life Expectancy: Long Life – Up to 60,000 hours
• Mounting: Frangible FAA/ICAO Couplings.
• Chassis and Solar Engine: 6061-T6 powder coated aluminum. Solar Engine can be top mounted (standard) or mounted separately to meet maximum height requirements.
• Signal Housing: 100% UV stabilized polycarbonate and abrasion resistant
• Solar Panel Housing Dimensions: 30-7⁄8″ x 13-1⁄4″
• Weight: 62 lb. (28 kg)
• Housing Color: Yellow, Green or Black
• Battery: Storage AGM 12V, 20Ah. Optional Mil Spec Batteries.
• Solar Panel: 40W nominal, 12V. Solar cells sealed in waterproof epoxy.
• Autonomy: 14 days (without charging)
• Alternate Power: AC / Solar hybrid option available
• Operating Temperature: -40°F to +165°F (-40°C to +74°C)
• Warranty: 5 year Limited Warranty for defects in workmanship and materials (excludes batteries and vandalism).
• RF Control: Available with remote operation capabilities using spread spectrum radio signal.