Solar LED Runway Guard Light (RGL)
The Solar Series Runway Guard Light (RGL) increases safety at airfield intersections by providing a 24/7 LED warning system for aircraft and vehicle operations. Our solar RGL is designed for permanent, temporary or portable airfield applications. The maintenance-free, self-contained solar engine comes with frangible mounting accessories and is available with an optional radio frequency controller, providing command and control features from the tower.
• Reliable, low-cost, solar LED warning system for use at airfield intersections.
• Designed for continuous 24-hour operation in permanent, temporary or portable airfield applications.
• Rugged, self-contained solar engine requires little to no maintenance with replaceable 5-7 year batteries.
• Configurable solar engine allows for self-contained or detached installation (up to 10 feet from light housing).
• Solar engine swivels for optimal solar charging position.
• 120-day autonomy without solar recharge.
• Available in Standard Model or Northern Model for higher latitudes or demanding solar conditions.
• Available with optional Radio Frequency Controller which enables wireless control from the tower.
One of six portable Solar LED Runway Guard Lights (RGLs) sold to Boeing. The self-contained RGLs will provide a 24/7 warning to pilots or drivers of ground vehicles.
|Peak luminous intensity:||12" Amber Lens: 678 candela8" Amber Lens: 267 candela|
|Light output/distribution:||Meets Institute of Transportation Engineers 2005 specifications.Multiple flash patterns available.High brightness LEDs.|
|Battery:||Standard Model 50 AhNorthern Model 100AhSealed lead acid Mil-Spec batteries made by Hawker.|
|Solar Panel:||Standard Model 18W (At 4V) (panel size 21" x 13")Northern Model 27W (At 4V) (panel size 32" x 13")Solar cells mounted on fiber substrate to eliminate expansion effects of high temperature environment.Sealed in waterproof epoxy.|
|Autonomy:||Tested to 120 days autonomy.|
|Dimensions:||35" x 27" x 14"|
|Remote operation capabilities using spread spectrum radio signal with range of 1/2 mile, or with cell phone connection.|