Product Data Sheet: Night Vision Compatible Flashing Red LED Obstruction Beacon | FAA Compliant: L-864
FAA Compliant: L-864 Medium Intensity Obstruction Light
ICAO Annex 14 (Medium Intensity Type B & C)
Transport Canada CAR 621.19
DGAC of Mexico
Our FL-864LNV obstruction beacons combine the energy and cost saving benefits of LEDs with advanced technology to ensure reliable operation in all environments. The FL-864LNV is the most compact and efficient medium-intensity LED obstruction beacon on the market.
The FL-864LNV obstruction beacon is compatible with NVG and NVIS systems, making it the first true LED replacement for incandescent obstruction beacons. Night Vision Goggles (NVGs) and Night Vision Imaging Systems (NVIS) typically use filters that make common LED obstruction beacons invisible to pilots. Our obstruction beacon combines Red (620nm) and IR (850nm peak intensity) LEDs to ensure that obstructions marked with our beacons and side lights are visible to all pilots.
|Fixture||Input Voltage||Flash Rate||Options|
|FL-864LNV||AC1: 120 VAC|
AC2: 208-265 VAC
DC: 24-48 VDC
|F: 30 FPM (default)|
|GPS: GPS Module|
• Saves energy and requires no regular maintenance.
• Compact and lightweight design simplifies installation.
• Dual mode beacon – Night Vision Goggle friendly.
• Advanced lightning protection.
• Active power factor correction.
• Integrated alarm contact.
• Integrated GPS sync (optional).
• Resistant to shock and vibration.
• Mounts to standard bolt circle (13.25″).
• 5-year warranty.
• Designed and manufactured in California.
The GPS module is used to efficiently synchronize multiple beacons in locations where it isn’t practical to connect them by wire. Our module has a backup timing device to ensure that the lights remain in sync in the absence of a GPS signal. It also incorporates an advanced light sensor that ensures precise detection of ambient light levels, so your beacons always turn on when light conditions fall below FAA-specified levels.
• Nighttime Intensity: 2000 candelas
• AC Input:
– Voltages: 90-265 VAC (50/60 Hz)
– Wattage: Flashing 22W (avg.); Steady Mode 75W
• DC Input:
– Voltages: 24-48 VDC
– Wattage: Flashing 12W (avg.); Steady Mode 65W
• Power Factor: > 0.95
• Dimensions: 11.5″ D x 8.75″ H
• Mounting: 13.25″ Bolt Circle
• Weight: 22 lb. (9.98 kg.)
• IP Rating: IP66
• Temperature: -67°F to +131°F (-55°C to +55°C)
• Wind: 150 MPH
• Humidity: Up to 95% relative humidity
• Salt Fog: MIL-STD-810E, Method 509.3
Farlight obstruction lights are now manufactured by Flight Light Inc.