The Vanguard Medium FTS 370d is a dual FAA L-864/L-865 medium intensity LED lighting system for structures between 200′ and 700′ AGL (FAA E-type towers). Certified to the latest FAA specification, the FTS 370d uses a single cable for communication as well as beacon and marker power to simplify installation and use.
Designed for the long term, FTS 370d’s firmware is remotely upgradeable for compatibility with future upgrades. A single enclosure houses a low voltage environment that makes it safe for technicians to service during active operation.
Apart from FAA certification, the FTS 370d system also meets FAA L-885 low intensity catenary requirements and complies with CAR 621 2nd edition for medium intensity CL-864/CL-865 flashing lights and ICAO 6th edition standards for medium intensity Type A/Type B obstacle lights.
• Infrared (IR) lighting – NVG and NVIS compatibility using 850nm IR LEDs per FAA AC 150/5345-43J
• Interleaved LEDs and bypass circuitry provide longer life by allowing the loss of individual LEDs up to the 25% limit
• Surge immunity of 25kA to withstand 99% of all lightning strikes
• Patented Fresnel optics minimizes ground scatter to surrounding community
• Ruggedized photodiode, including metal housing and shielded cable
• Input power breaker switch eliminates replaceable fuses
• Aircraft Detection Lighting Systems (ADLS) interface
• Automatic failsafe switches to day mode if no mode change detected
• 4-line OLED backlit display for visibility in any lighting conditions
• Dry contact monitoring (day, night, marker, PED, GPS, comm alarms and mode status)
• Compliant with FAA AC 70/7460-1M
• 5-year warranty
• SMART card – monitor and control the system remotely and receive full diagnostic information through LTE modem or Ethernet-based connectivity. SNMP, Modbus or Eagle protocols may be used.
• LTE modem for improved communication stability
• Outdoor Wi-Fi antenna for onsite diagnostics and lighting inspections
• GPS synchronization
• Upgrade firmware remotely
• TECK90 cable option – provides protection from RF interference and damage on high-power broadcast towers up to 700′ AGL
Have a product question? Need a quote? Please fill out our online quote request form.Get a Quote