• FAA AC/150-5345-46E Runway & Taxiway – L-861 & L-861E
• FAA Engineering Brief No. 67D
• ICAO Annex 14 Vol 1, July 2016
• Runway Edge Light
• Runway End Light
• Runway Threshold Light
|Product No.||Standard||Chassis Configuration||Option Configuration||Option Configuration|
|S2C0: 20W Output 12Ah battery (Compact)
S2C1: 28W Output 24Ah battery (Tall)
|G: Omni-directional Green
GX: Uni-directional Green
GY: Bi-directional Green & Yellow
OA: Omni-directional Approach, White
R: Omni-directional Red
RG: Bi-directional Red & Green
RL: REIL – 90° Uni-directional, White
RX: Uni-directional Red
SQ: Sequenced Approach, White
UA: Uni-directional Approach, White
W: Omni-directional White
WR: Bi-directional White & Red
WY: Bi-directional White & Yellow
Y: Omni-directional Yellow
YR: Bi-directional Yellow & Red
• Over 100 hours operating time at maximum intensity (tall model)
• Optional NVG Mode – Illumination invisible to naked eye to support covert operations
• Worldwide 2.4GHz Encrypted RF Radio Control – Secure control of all operational modes from anywhere on the airfield. Worldwide ISM use frequency. Other frequencies are available on request.
• AvMesh® integrated Mesh Network – Each light is a receiver/transmitter to expand communication range
• Radio Transceiver – Internal to light head, no external antenna
• Modes of Operation – Programmable lighting groups, dusk-till-dawn operation, adjustable intensity, sequence flashing
The AV-426 is a robust, completely self-contained LED light designed for a range of aviation applications including permanent approach, runway edge, threshold, helipad and tactical airfield lighting. Fitted with RF radio control, this fully functioning light can be controlled from the tower with no costly cabling or trenching required.
The AV-426 Series II is designed with next generation solar technology including active MPPT (maximum power point tracking – maximizing the power extracted from the solar panels) and enhanced optics for improved performance and efficiency.
The AV-426 has non-precision IFR and VFR capability with both visible and near infrared lighting outputs. The airfield lights can be controlled anywhere in the airfield by handheld radio controller or in the air traffic control tower with virtually unlimited range using an encrypted repeating mesh network.
The AV-426 wireless RF light has an extended range through the use of the AvMesh® communication protocol. The proprietary AvMesh® protocol enables each light to transmit and receive commands, allowing the airfield to be expanded or altered at any time.
AvMesh® is self-realizing, meaning once deployed the airfield lights will undertake a period of network mapping, whereby the system automatically determines an efficient path to relay command messages through the airfield. Once the system has mapped an efficient relay of command messages, a secondary sub-network is mapped for added redundancy.
Light intensities can be set to Low, Medium or High and are able to be assigned to a ‘light group’. Light groups can be controlled independently using the wireless handheld controller. Sequenced approach can also be easily set up via the serial port and controller.
Tested to MIL-STD’s for environmental exposure including shock and vibration, extreme temperature and humidity, the unit is designed to offer years of maintenance-free service and operate in some of the world’s harshest environments.
The AV-426 is also available without RF radio control.
Have a product question? Need a quote? Please fill out our online quote request form.Get a Quote