ICAO Annex 14, Volume 1, Chapter 5.3.20, config. A, Fig. 2.24
CAA CAP168, Licensing of Aerodromes, Chapter 6, Table 6A/1 Fig.10, Feb. 2001 edition
Elevated runway guard lights for use at taxiway/runway intersections to avoid incursion onto an active taxiway/runway, as required by the standards (CAP 168 ICAO 5.3.20).
• Long life LED light source.
• LED light source complies with ICAO photometric requirements, flashing at 45 cycles per minute. The light color complies with the traffic yellow requirement.
• No planned maintenance is required for the life of the unit, however, access for inspection purposes only to the LED arrays, micro-processor and wiring harness is achieved very simply through the LED mounting at the front of the unit.
• The LED module is double protected against environmental degradation.
• The unit can be adjusted from 0° to 20° vertically and locked by means of the mounting support brackets. For non-frangible arrangements, support brackets can be bolted directly on to a concrete pad, using M12 bolts and nuts.
• Slots in the support brackets enable alignment of the unit with the taxiway/runway.
• The robust yellow polyethylene housing is highly visible.
• All fasteners are stainless steel.
• Frangibility can be achieved by mounting the unit onto standard frangible couplings and adapters.
• Single point L-867 mounting frame with 2" BSP frangible coupling.
• Supplied as one of the following:
(a) Airfield Constant Current (2.8 - 6.6A supply) using a 45W isolating transformer
(b) 110V AC mains supply
(c) 220V AC mains supply
• Nominal power consumption is approximately 28 watts.
Net weight: 12.13 lb. (5.5kg)
Gross weight: 13.23 lb. (6.0kg)
Carton size: 33.46" (850mm)(w) x 11.81" (300mm)(d) x 13.78" (350mm)(h)
Net weight: 4.4 lb. (2.0kg)
Gross weight: 5.5 lb. (2.5kg)
Carton size: 9.45" (240mm)(w) x 5.9" (150mm)(d) x 5.12" (130mm)(h)