Certified FAA L-880 & L-881
AC 150/5345-28 (Current Edition)
• Provides the correct glide slope from over 10 miles away.
• Reliable photometric performance.
• Stable housing results in fewer shut-downs for realignment, reducing maintenance and increasing airfield utilization.
• LED indicator identifies tilt switch circuit fault.
• Quartz halogen average rated lamp life is 1000 hours.
• No optical bench or special tools required for servicing.
• Intuitive design of aiming device simplifies setting elevation and azimuth angles.
• Interlock feature allows PAPI operation only in conjunction with runway lights (optional).
• Service indicator provides external signal of lamp out (optional).
|FAA Type||FAA Style||Class||Options|
|880: 4 light units
881: 2 light units
C: Current 6.6A
|2: Down to -67°F (-55°C)||1: Runway Interlock (voltage only)
2: External Service Indicator
4: 4-leg light units*
|* Standard system has 3 legs per light unit.|