• Low Intensity Type A & B Obstruction Light, ICAO Annex 14 Volume 1, 'Aerodrome Design and Operations', Fourth edition July 2004, table 6.3.
• ICAO LIOL Type A & B for marking obstacles that do not exceed 45 meters in height.
• Cost effective, energy efficient obstruction lighting solution.
• Available in universal DC: will accept between 12-48VDC.
• Available in universal AC: will accept between 110-240VAC.
• User-adjustable intensity to toggle between ICAO LIOL Type A (10cd) & LIOL Type B (32cd).
• Dual light fixture enables simultaneous twin operation or redundant failsafe.
• Alarm contact for remote monitoring.
• Light sensor for day/night operation.
• LED technology reduces maintenance time and costs.
• Available with GSM monitoring.
• DC version available with 2.4GHz Radio Control.
• DC version available with RS422/485 communications port for monitoring.
This Avlite dual light fixture is a steady burning, low intensity LED obstruction light designed to comply with ICAO LIOL Type A & B requirements. The model can be used for marking obstacles up to 45 meters above ground which pose a danger to aircraft at night, such as telecommunication towers, wind turbines, buildings and other tall structures.
Avlite's LED obstruction lights offer an ultra bright, energy efficient and cost effective lighting solution. Adjustable intensity settings allow the user to easily toggle between 10cd (Type A) and 32cd (Type B).
The light fixture is available in two configurations, universal DC (12-48VDC) or universal AC (110-240VAC).
The dual light fixture can be configured to different operational states. Both light fixtures may be set to operate steady-burning. Alternatively, the dual light fixture may consist of a main light and a standby light. If the main light should ever fail the standby light will automatically switch on to ensure the obstacle is always clearly marked.
The advanced light optic uses a single LED for minimal power consumption. The corrosion resistant, polycarbonate lens is specifically designed for use with LEDs to maximize light intensity and uniformity. Integrated sensors in the light are able to detect when the ambient light threshold drops sufficiently and the light will begin operation automatically.
The light fixture incorporates internal diagnostic checking and an alarm contact for remote monitoring. The alarm relay is energized in normal operation and is released whenever the LED is not lit.
The obstruction light is also available with combined visual and infrared (IR) for visibility to pilots using night vision.
The Avlite dual obstruction light is available with GSM Cell-Phone Monitoring, enabling operators to remotely monitor the status of their installation. The system can also be configured to send out SMS text messages or e-mail alerts to designated operators should alarm conditions be triggered, such as low voltage or light failure.
The DC configuration is also available with 2.4GHz Radio Control, whereby lights can be operated by a wireless handheld controller enabling personnel to remotely activate the light.