L-865 Medium Intensity White Lighting
Medium Intensity Obstacle Light
Conforms to: FAA Advisory Circular AC 70/7460-1
FAA Advisory Circular AC 150/5345-43E
ICAO Annex 14
Transport Canada TP 382E
DGAC of Mexico 150/5345-43E
The FlashGuard 2000B Medium Intensity White Lighting System combines a daytime white strobe light and a nighttime white flashing light into a single flashhead. The system is also available as a red flashhead which can be used at night in place of red incandescent lighting, for much longer light source life. The flashhead is powered and controlled by a power supply that can be mounted remotely at the base of the structure. The power supply constantly monitors the operation of the system, and provides alarm contact closure upon any failure.
The system automatically switches between day, twilight, and night intensities by the use of a calibrated photocell. FlashGuard 2000B flashheads incorporate a light blocking strip that minimizes ground scatter light, resulting in a community friendly lighting system.
Medium Intensity obstruction lighting systems are typically used on structures between 150' (45M) and 500' (150M) above ground level to provide aviation safety. The use of a medium intensity white strobe during the daytime typically eliminates the need to paint the structure with aviation orange and white stripes. The use of a white flashing strobe at night provides an 'eye catching' light for low flying aviators.
Medium intensity obstruction lights are designed for lighting tall structures such as communication, television and radio towers, chimneys, cooling towers, tall buildings, catenary river crossings and bridges.
• Single flashhead provides white medium intensity, or red medium intensity operation with no moving parts.
• Precise optics minimize ground scatter light
• Alarm contacts provided for connection to any monitoring system
• Monitoring and remote diagnostic upgrades available
• Rugged design of flashhead and power supply is suitable for outdoor installation in any climate
• Optics provide Medium Intensity White Strobe lighting, or Medium Intensity Red Strobe lighting
• Internally triggered Xenon strobetubes utilized for long-life and maximum efficiency, without creating corrosive ozone
• Parabolic reflector/linear strobetubes optics combination provides very precise optics and blocks ground scatter light in white operation
• Lens raises and locks in place, providing easy access to strobetubes
• Only 3 components used in flashhead – minimal maintenance required at top of structure
• Safety interlock switch included
• No moving parts
• High temperature, UV resistant acrylic used for flashhead lens
• Provides power electronics, timing circuitry, and monitoring for lighting system
• Automatic day/night intensity control
• Control and monitoring for up to four steady burning obstruction lights included
• Manual intensity override
• Easily accessible components
• Plug-in circuit cards
• Fail-safe monitoring system with three remote alarm contacts
• Stainless steel NEMA 4X enclosure
• Low power consumption