This product is available in our webstore - Shop Now
• 2.4Ghz worldwide accepted radio control
• 128bit security encryption
• NGV compatible using IR LEDs
• 3-step intensity adjustment
• High capacity replaceable battery pack
• Made from tough, durable polycarbonate
• Twin internal solar panels for enhanced charging
• ICAO Annex 14 Volume 1, 'Aerodrome Design and Operations', Fourth edition July 2004, paragraph 22.214.171.124
• FAA AC5345-46D L861T (High Intensity Mode)
• FAA AC5345-50B L863 (High Intensity Mode)
• CASA Manual of Standards Part 139 paragraph 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 Section 184.108.40.206 (High Intensity Mode)
The AV72 is a self-contained solar powered omni-directional aviation light with encrypted 2.4 GHz radio control. The AV72 solar-powered LED airfield light has an internal RF module and antenna to receive encrypted command messages from the handheld controller.
The units provide NVG compatible visible and infrared LED outputs for portable, permanent or sustained operations. Lights can be controlled from a secure world-wide compatible 2.4 GHz RF link from the ATC tower from the aircraft (via ALSCU with an encrypted VHF radio link) or set for dusk-dawn automatic operation.
The radio system uses a mesh network to expand the working range indefinitely.
Lights can be assigned to a light group (up to 15 distinct groups) to allow individual control of separate light groups (runways, helipads, taxiways, obstruction) within an airfield or for multi faceted covert and overt operations.
The AV72 has 3 radio-controlled intensity settings, and can be set from dusk-till-dawn, medium intensity, or temporary-high mode for tactical operations. When set to temporary-high the light complies with L861T photometrics.
The AV72 offers enormous benefits over traditional battery and hard-wired airfield lights including low maintenance and no underground cabling.
The unit has twin high-performance solar modules mounted within the lens, which maximize solar collection and provide reliable operation in a range of environmental conditions.
The model will operate maintenance-free for many years, and has been tried and tested in some of the world's most demanding regions including Iraq, Afghanistan, and the Australian Outback.