FAA Compliant: L-804, FAA AC 150/5345-46B
ICAO Annex 14 Volume 1, section 5.3.22 Configuration A, High Intensity
CAA CAP 168
The Apollo Hi Intensity Elevated LED Runway Guard Light provides a warning to pilots or drivers of ground vehicles that they are approaching an active runway.
• Typical life expectancy of the LEDs is over 60,000 hours.
• Highly efficient LED technology.
• Natural air-cooled design.
• Available in either 6.6A series lighting circuit or 220/240V mains powered units.
• Optional integrated photocell to automatically switch the unit into night mode in low ambient light levels.
• Alternating flashes with a flash rate of 45-50 flashes per minute.
• Main beam coverage: +/- 8° both vertical and horizontal.
• Adjustable light beam: 0°, 5°, 10°, 15°, 20° vertically.
• Manufactured from extruded aluminium and corrosion resistant materials.
• Each LED array is surrounded by a black face plate and individual visor to maximize contrast between on/off.
• Powder coated aviation yellow finish.
• Operating temperatures from -40°F to +140°F (-40°C to +60°C), 0 to 100% humidity.
• Photocell (230/240V only).
• Direct mounting foot.
• Frangible coupling and foot.
• Ground mounting bracket.
The Apollo unit is available in the following configurations:
• Airfield constant current supply (2.8 - 6.6A) using 100W isolating transformer.
• 220/240V AC supply with integrated photocell.
Net weight: 33.07 lb. (15kg)
Gross weight: 61.73 lb. (28kg)
Carton size: 33.46" (850mm)(w) x 17.72" (450mm)(d) x 15.75" (400mm)(h)