Can be supplied to meet either:
• International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 14 emergency lighting photometrics.
• FAA VFR & IFR Non Precision Medium Intensity Runway & Taxiway Lighting (MIRLs) photometrics.
• Emergency airfield lighting
• Stand-by system in event of power failure
• Humanitarian aid / medevac
• All-in-one portable solar airfield lighting system.
• Heavy-duty trailer design for transportation and storage.
• In-trailer charging system for all lights when in storage.
• Complete wireless control of airfield lighting once deployed.
• Other trailer configurations available on request.
• Customizable lighting configurations available to suit various applications.
• Optional Infrared (IR) Mode, illumination invisible to the naked eye to support enhanced vision and NVG operations.
Avlite Systems' Solar Portable Airfield Lighting System (Solar PALS) is a convenient, fully transportable, autonomous lighting system for easy, rapid deployment supporting temporary or long term operations for both civil and defense airfields.
Once deployed, the lighting system can be controlled via a 2.4GHz encrypted mesh network capable of being operated from the tower, ground, or approaching aircraft by a Pilot Activated Lighting Controller (PALC).
Solar-powered RF controlled airfield lights
The Solar PALS trailer contains all airfield lighting and ancillary equipment required to support temporary or sustained operations. The standard configuration is suitable for a 5000ft/1500m runway and includes:
• 52 x RF Controlled Runway Edge Lights (AV425-RF)
• 12 x RF Controlled Threshold Lights (AV425-RF)
• 4 x RF Controlled Runway End Identifier Lights (AV425-RF)
• 24 x RF Controlled Taxiway Edge Lights (AV-70-RF)
• Pilot activated lighting controller (PALC)
• Handheld controller(s)
• Mounting accessories
A range of options are available such as helipad and obstruction lighting, windsock assemblies or additional fixtures for extended runways.
Military-grade trailer for transportability with integrated charging system
The military-grade trailer provides safe transportation and storage of the complete airfield lighting system.
An integrated charging system allows for all lights to be simultaneously charged by connecting the trailer to an external power source. This provides recovery charging of all lights if required after extended use, or standby charging to ensure fixtures are fully charged at all times.
The complete Solar PALS is an ideal solution to suit tactical, emergency or permanent client needs.