FAA AC 150/5340-1H, 150/5370-2E
Our closure marking is made of durable vinyl coated fabric and provides airports with a reliable and economical method for closing runways and taxiways to aircraft use. The solid yellow color provides superior visibility for a clear indication of closures.
• Convenient anchoring is accomplished by filling a 3 inch "Fire Hose" bladder that runs the entire perimeter of the vinyl sheet.
• Water bladder is resistant to wind and is more "forgiving" than sandbags or stakes in the event of an aircraft strike.
• Material is mildew and U.V. resistant as well as double seamed for durability.
• Easy removal is allowed by opening a drain at the low point of the bladder. Approximately 50 gallons of water is required per one half of the "X".
• Each leg of the "X" is unrolled and located over the runway numbers or other chosen location.
• Approximately 50 gallons of water is pumped or gravity flowed into the 3/4" hose fitting in the 3" diameter bladder. A vent is opened on the other end of the bladder and a short extension hose is attached and elevated to ensure complete filling of the bladder.