L-807 & L-807(L) Wind Cone
FAA: L-807 AC 150/5345-27 (Current Edition)
FAA Engineering Brief 67
ICAO: Annex 14, Vol. 1, para. 5.1.1 (Size 2 only)
Provides visual indication of wind direction and velocity at a location on an airfield. FAA Size 2 wind cones are used at the central location on the airfield. FAA Size 1 wind cones are used on smaller airfields and heliports.
• Available externally lighted, internally lighted, or unlighted.
• LED or halogen lamps.
• All LED models feature:
- 50,000 to 100,000 hour lamp life, virtually maintenance free.
- Multiple lamp circuits, for improved reliability.
- 80-90% less power consumption than halogen lamps.
- A long-life LED obstruction light.
- Integral power-adapter on series-circuit models.
• An incandescent L-810 obstruction light is included on halogen lighted models.
• Size 1 (18" x 8' long) or Size 2 (36" x 12' long) wind socks.
• The pole is center-hinged, with 4" diameter steel on the bottom, and 3" diameter steel on the top.
• A center-mounted braked winch allows 1-person maintenance.
• The four anchor bolts are a one-piece welded assembly, ready to drop in the ground.
• The aluminum basket is welded, one piece, with pre-installed bearings.
• Raincaps protect the bearings from weather.
• The nylon sock is treated for rot, mildew and water repellency.
• Powder coat painted international orange.
|Solar Power Supply Option
A Solar Power Supply (SPS) is now available for WCH Series wind cones. Please click here for details.
|WCH Series Wind Cone
Solar Power Supply
The Solar Power Supply (SPS) is a self-contained photovoltaic power source for the WCH Series L-806 and L-807 wind cones.
• Provides power to ETL-certified wind cones with L-810 obstruction lights (12 VDC LED models).
• Custom designed for the installation site, using 30-year worst case insolation and temperature extremes.
• Operates the wind cone lamp dusk-dawn, controlled by an ETL-certified photocell, to FAA illumination requirements.
• Full wind cone lamp intensity at all times when operating.
• 50 or 135 watt solar panel, with 12-year/90% and 25-year/80% power warranty.
• MPPT charge controller, with custom-programmed temperature compensation.
• On-board indicators for battery, charging and system status.
• 100 to 300 A-H AGM battery, designed for 4000 charge/discharge cycles.
• 10 day nominal battery autonomy.
• Dual-post mount, with frangible couplings, designed to withstand ASCE Exposure C wind loads.
• Temperature range: -45 to +55°C (-49 to +131°F).
• Includes pre-assembled anchor for easy mounting.
• Weather and corrosion resistant construction of powder coated steel and aluminum.
• Solar panel tilts 25-65 degrees in 10 degree steps, factory preset for the installation location.
• Manufactured in the USA.
The SPS is designed for operation only with WCH Series wind cones. Each SPS is custom configured for the proper solar panel, battery, temperature compensation and height for the installation location. Please contact Flight Light to configure the correct model for your location.
Full solar exposure is critical to the proper operation of the SPS. The solar panel must face due south (in the Northern Hemisphere). Any shading of the solar panel will significantly reduce the energy production. The bottom edge of the solar panel must not be obstructed by snow or vegetation. To prevent shading from the wind sock, the SPS must be installed at least 8 feet from an L-806 wind cone, and at least 12 feet from an L-807 Size 2 wind cone. The SPS is attached to a 4-bolt anchor assembly (included), mounted in a concrete slab. Power is supplied to the wind cone by a cable in liquid-tight conduit through one of the SPS mounting legs.
|Solar Panel, 50 watt
|Solar Panel, 135 watt
|Fuse, 10A 32V
Unpackaged Weight: 186-268 lb.
Shipping Weight: 266-388 lb.
Shipping Volume: 72"L x 48"W x 44"H