Compliance and Applications
ICAO Annex 14 Vol.1 Para 5.4 & Appendix 4
UK CAP 168
NATO STANAG 3316
CASR Part 139 Manual of Standards (MOS) Aerodromes
LED technology can be applied to any of the signs in the Clearway range, including information signs, mandatory signs, RHAG markers, IRDM and Stand Number Indicator Boards.
• Economical to operate: low electrical power demand and minimum maintenance.
• Life expectancy to exceed 75,000 hours.
• Modular construction: commonality of mechanical and electrical equipment throughout the range of sizes.
• Multi-redundant LED configuration maintains sign visibility in the event of individual LED failure.
• Temperature range: -22°F/+131°F (-30°C/+55°C).
• Waterproofing to IP65.
• Anodized and powder coated extruded aluminum profile can be manufactured up to 20' (6.2m) long.
• Non-oxidizing stainless steel clips and fixings for the cabinet.
The sizing of sign characters and spacing is directed by International and UK standards (ICAO / CAP 168) therefore, the length of individual signs is directly related to the display legend.
To accommodate these standards, signs are manufactured in 14 different lengths for both mandatory and information signs.
• Isolators: an optional isolation switch will break all circuit supplies to enable board changing while the main airfield series circuit is in use.
• Bird Wire: bird wire deterrent facility can be fitted to the top of the unit.
• Sign Tethers: stainless steel sign tethers are also available.
Clearway signs are designed to operate over the current range from 2.8 - 6.6 Amp standard AGL circuit via a suitable series isolating transformer or, optionally, 230V mains supply signs can be either 50 or 60 Hz operation. Standard series circuit transformers can be used for 6 or 12 amp circuits. An external FAA style molded plug is supplied as standard for connection to AGL circuits.
All additional information regarding Clearway signs can be found in the Clearway Taxiway Guidance Signs brochure.