Flight Light's 4KW and 7.5KW ferro-resonant dry-type constant current regulators provide precision control of runway lighting series circuits in low and medium intensity applications. Because they use SOLA/Hevi-Duty's extremely reliable design and durable magnetic components, our regulators are not susceptible to extraneous signals that cause competing solid state electronic designs to fail. In fact, our units are tested to assure zero interference with radio communications.
Please note that this version is not FAA certified because it has manually adjustable input taps rather than automatic input adjustment. We feel that manual adjustments are superior for long-term performance.
The regulator maintains a constant current by using a resonant network circuit. The voltage from the input transformer is transmitted to the resonant network through the brightness step relays. Current from the output transformer is variable as a factor of the voltage fed into the resonant network. Output current is variable in direct proportion to the selected input voltage, which is increased or decreased through the brightness step relays.
Why Our CCR's are Better
• Five year limited warranty - the best warranty in the world.
• Magnetic components are not susceptible to extraneous signals and do not create interference with radio communications.
• Simple design makes it easy to install and virtually maintenance free.
• Excellent current regulation. Output current stable within 0.1 amps at any output.
• Input circuit electronically isolated from output circuit.
• Withstands input overvoltage of 120% nominal for 50 milliseconds within one minute intervals.
• Power factor exceeds industry standards: more efficient than required by FAA.
• Not activated by load switching or transients. Positive open-circuit protection automatically trips regulator off-line within 2 seconds, manually resets in less than 1 second.
• Resumes original brightness mode within 1 second of lost input power.
• Easy access to remote/local control switch.
• No solid state components in series circuit.
• Continuous indoor operation at a temperature range of -40°F to +131°F (-40°C to +55°C).
• Floor mounted, dry-type ventilated enclosure with power components isolated from control functions.
• Taps for 250, 240, 230, 220, and 208 volts to accommodate various supply voltages.
• Integral primary switch.
• Standard 120VAC internally supplied control power for local control.
• Remote control by internal or external sources.
• Direct read output ammeter.
• Output distribution class lightning arrestors.