The most efficient, long lasting, coated flange bolts on the market. What makes us different? Our flange bolts start with Grade 5 medium carbon steel and are treated with a proprietary coating which is longer lasting and reusable. Comprehensive testing concludes that our bolts show no corrosion when exposed to potassium acetate found in de-icing solutions. Testing also revealed that after our bolts were torqued to manufacturer's specifications, they showed little or no wear, allowing them to be reused. Most flange bolts on the market today must be replaced after a single use.
The coating is a resin bonded, low-friction, fluoropolymer used in high corrosion areas to lubricate and protect hardware and threaded fasteners. This coating has already been utilized in both salt water and chemical processing applications. Our bolts have undergone in-depth testing done for chemical resistance to potassium acetate as per FAA AC 42G sec. 4.1.6. The results showed absolutely no signs of corrosion.
Fluoropolymer Coating Advantages
• Chemical resistance
• Increased lubricity
• Low cure temperature of 450 degrees
• Excellent corrosion resistance
• Low break-free torque
• Grade 5 Medium Carbon Steel
• Proof load of 111,000 psi
• Yield strength of 137,000 psi
• Tensile strength of 143,000 psi
• Achieves a clamping force of 8,000 lb. at 25 ft.-lb. of torque
• Meets or exceeds FAA Engineering Brief No. 83
• Orange fluoropolymer coating
• Manufactured in the United States